By Karen E. Smith,Lauri Kahanpää,Pekka Kekäläinen,William Traves
Read Online or Download An Invitation to Algebraic Geometry (Universitext) PDF
Best geometry & topology books
First version offered over 2500 copies within the Americas; new version comprises 3 new chapters and new appendices
Algebraic geometry is an engaging department of arithmetic that mixes tools from either, algebra and geometry. It transcends the restricted scope of natural algebra through geometric development rules. additionally, Grothendieck’s schemes invented within the past due Nineteen Fifties allowed the appliance of algebraic-geometric tools in fields that previously appeared to be far-off from geometry, like algebraic quantity conception.
Differential Geometry from a Singularity idea standpoint presents a brand new examine the interesting and classical topic of the differential geometry of surfaces in Euclidean areas. The e-book makes use of singularity concept to catch a few key geometric gains of surfaces. It describes the idea of touch and its hyperlink with the idea of caustics and wavefronts.
In its easiest shape, Hodge thought is the examine of classes – integrals of algebraic differential types which come up within the examine of complicated geometry and moduli, quantity conception and physics. equipped round the easy options of diversifications of Hodge constitution and interval maps, this quantity attracts jointly new advancements in deformation conception, replicate symmetry, Galois representations, iterated integrals, algebraic cycles and the Hodge conjecture.
- Vorlesungen über Geometrie unter Besonderer Benutzung der Vorträge (German Edition)
- Complex Topological K-Theory (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
- Simplicial Methods for Operads and Algebraic Geometry (Advanced Courses in Mathematics - CRM Barcelona)
- Elemente der Geometrie (German Edition)
- Locally Conformal Kähler Geometry (Progress in Mathematics)
- Topological Crystallography: With a View Towards Discrete Geometric Analysis: 6 (Surveys and Tutorials in the Applied Mathematical Sciences)
Extra resources for An Invitation to Algebraic Geometry (Universitext)
An Invitation to Algebraic Geometry (Universitext) by Karen E. Smith,Lauri Kahanpää,Pekka Kekäläinen,William Traves