By Shigeru Mukai,W. M. Oxbury
Read or Download An Introduction to Invariants and Moduli (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics) PDF
Best geometry & topology books
First version bought over 2500 copies within the Americas; re-creation includes 3 new chapters and new appendices
Algebraic geometry is an interesting department of arithmetic that mixes equipment from either, algebra and geometry. It transcends the constrained scope of natural algebra through geometric building rules. in addition, Grothendieck’s schemes invented within the past due Nineteen Fifties allowed the appliance of algebraic-geometric tools in fields that previously appeared to be distant from geometry, like algebraic quantity conception.
Differential Geometry from a Singularity thought perspective offers a brand new examine the interesting and classical topic of the differential geometry of surfaces in Euclidean areas. The e-book makes use of singularity concept to seize a few key geometric gains of surfaces. It describes the speculation of touch and its hyperlink with the speculation of caustics and wavefronts.
In its least difficult shape, Hodge concept is the examine of classes – integrals of algebraic differential varieties which come up within the research of advanced geometry and moduli, quantity idea and physics. geared up round the easy techniques of adaptations of Hodge constitution and interval maps, this quantity attracts jointly new advancements in deformation concept, reflect symmetry, Galois representations, iterated integrals, algebraic cycles and the Hodge conjecture.
- Dynamical Systems IV: Symplectic Geometry and its Applications (Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences)
- Geometry of Cauchy-Riemann Submanifolds
- Total Mean Curvature and Submanifolds of Finite Type (Series in Pure Mathematics)
- Ibn al-Haytham's Theory of Conics, Geometrical Constructions and Practical Geometry: A History of Arabic Sciences and Mathematics Volume 3 (Culture and Civilization in the Middle East)
- String Topology and Cyclic Homology (Advanced Courses in Mathematics - CRM Barcelona)
- Foliation Theory in Algebraic Geometry (Simons Symposia)
Additional resources for An Introduction to Invariants and Moduli (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
An Introduction to Invariants and Moduli (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics) by Shigeru Mukai,W. M. Oxbury