By Brigitte Peucker
- A clean number of unique study supplying various views on Fassbinder’s paintings in motion pictures, tv, poetry, and underground theatre.
- Rainer Werner Fassbinder continues to be the preeminent filmmaker of the hot German Cinema whose short yet prolific physique of labor spans from the latter 1/2 the Sixties to the artist’s demise in 1982.
- Interrogates Fassbinder’s effect at the seminal principles of his time: auteurship, id, race, queer reviews, and the cataclysmic occasions of German 20th century history
- Contributions from across the world various students focusing on movie, tradition, and German studies.
- Includes insurance of his key motion pictures together with: Gods of the Plague (1970), Beware of a Holy Whore (1971), The sour Tears of Petra von Kant (1972), Martha (1973) (TV), World on a Wire (1973), Effi Briest (1974), Ali: worry Eats the Soul (1974), Fox and His Friends (1975), Fear of Fear (1975), Chinese Roulette (1976), In a 12 months With thirteen Moons (1978), Despair (1978), The 3rd Generation (1979), Berlin Alexanderplatz (1980) (TV), and Querelle (1982).
Read or Download A Companion to Rainer Werner Fassbinder (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Similar film & video art books
Within the follow-up publication to his top promoting textual content, Zen Filmmaking, prolific self reliant Filmmaker Scott Shaw takes the reader behind the curtain of Indie Filmmaking and teaches the secrets and techniques of the way to make a function movie, documentary, or song video within the so much sophisticated and expedient demeanour attainable. He additionally teaches the reader the methods of ways to make a No to cost-efficient characteristic movie appear like it has a High-Budget price ticket.
This attention-grabbing learn of the style of swashbuckling movies got vast severe acclaim whilst it was once first released in 1977. Jeffrey Richards assesses the contributions to the style of administrators, designers and fencing masters, in addition to of the celebs themselves, and devotes a number of chapters to the crucial topics if the swashbucklers – pirates, highwaymen, cavaliers and knights.
Slavko Vorkapich was once an artist, lighting tricks artist, movie theoretician, director, and montage expert who's such a lot famous for his montage paintings on many vintage motion pictures, together with Viva Villa, David Copperfield, San Francisco, the great Earth, and Mr. Smith is going to Washington. He used to be additionally a hugely unique and influential filmmaking instructor.
The quirky, unusual and totally sagacious meditations of David Caradine written throughout the making of Quentin Tarantino's modern vintage during which Carradine performed the lead function. whilst Carradine landed the lead function in Quentin Tarantino's new movie, Kill invoice, it catapulted him into the Hollywood limelight.
- Todd Haynes: Interviews (Conversations with Filmmakers Series)
- Preparing For Takeoff: Preproduction for the Independent Filmmaker
- Hollywood’s Golden Age: As Told By One Who Lived It All
- Letterboxed: The Evolution of Widescreen Cinema
- James Cagney Films of the 1930s
Additional resources for A Companion to Rainer Werner Fassbinder (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Rainer Werner Fassbinder (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Brigitte Peucker