By David Eisenbud,Joe Harris
Read or Download 3264 and All That: A Second Course in Algebraic Geometry PDF
Similar geometry & topology books
First version bought over 2500 copies within the Americas; re-creation includes 3 new chapters and new appendices
Algebraic geometry is an interesting department of arithmetic that mixes equipment from either, algebra and geometry. It transcends the restricted scope of natural algebra via geometric development ideas. additionally, Grothendieck’s schemes invented within the overdue Fifties allowed the applying of algebraic-geometric tools in fields that previously far-off from geometry, like algebraic quantity idea.
Differential Geometry from a Singularity conception perspective presents a brand new examine the interesting and classical topic of the differential geometry of surfaces in Euclidean areas. The ebook makes use of singularity concept to catch a few key geometric gains of surfaces. It describes the speculation of touch and its hyperlink with the idea of caustics and wavefronts.
In its least difficult shape, Hodge idea is the examine of sessions – integrals of algebraic differential kinds which come up within the research of complicated geometry and moduli, quantity idea and physics. prepared round the easy innovations of diversifications of Hodge constitution and interval maps, this quantity attracts jointly new advancements in deformation conception, replicate symmetry, Galois representations, iterated integrals, algebraic cycles and the Hodge conjecture.
- Geometry and Analysis on Manifolds: In Memory of Professor Shoshichi Kobayashi (Progress in Mathematics)
- Introduction to Compact Riemann Surfaces and Dessins d-Enfants (London Mathematical Society Student Texts, 79)
- Future Curricular Trends in School Algebra And Geometry (Research in Mathematics Education)
- Analysis and Computation of Fixed Points: Proceedings of a Symposium Conducted by the Mathematics Research Center, the University of Wisconsin—Madison, ... University of Wisconsin--Madison ; no. 43)
- Geometrical Methods of Mathematical Physics
- Regular and Irregular Holonomic D-Modules (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
Additional resources for 3264 and All That: A Second Course in Algebraic Geometry
3264 and All That: A Second Course in Algebraic Geometry by David Eisenbud,Joe Harris